13 February 2009

Bedtime Stories

When I was bringing Gabriel's bottle into the living room so we could go up to bed, I found Jacob reading to "Green Eggs and Ham" to him. He read to him until he started fussing. We then went upstairs and while I was feeding and rocking Gabriel, Jacob was reading "The Cat in the Hat" to us.

Here is a little clip of "Green Eggs and Ham".



It's amazing how fast our children grow up. It doesn't seem possible that Gabriel has already been with us a month, or that he is over a month old. It doesn't seem possible that Jacob should be reading us stories. Seven short years ago, I was reading to him when he was a baby. I searched high and low for "Wynken, Blynken and Nod". When I was a nanny in Baltimore, the girls I cared for had a board book of the poem. I have yet to find it in storybook form by itself; however, I did find it in a collection of poems that belonged to my Great-Grandma, Luralie Bidlack Merriam.

I still cannot believe that Jacob is now 7, in first grade, reading, doing math, etc. My baby is growing up.

3 comments:

Alan & Tina said...

One of our favorite stories...one day we'll be posting about high school graduation...then grandkids...then we'll be doing what it says in your "About Me" section. :) Here's to soaking up every day!

LuraLynn said...

What makes you think that I'm not already doing what it says in my "About Me" section. :-)

aly said...

What a good big brother!