31 December 2009

Look what Santa left on the lawn in a pile of snow!

Some things I can buy and sneak home when Jacob is with me. Others I cannot. Bikes for instance present a problem when little boys are shopping with Mom. I went shopping alone (thanks to Mom), bought this bike and managed to hide it in a shed until Christmas morning.

Christmas morning I put on the big boots and my winter gear and headed to the shed. Thanks to big dogs, it was easy to cover my tracks-----I just walked in their tracks. I put the bike and the saucer on the lawn of snow.

Jacob woke up and I told him to look at all of the snow. He looked out the window and made some comments about the amount of snow that had fallen overnight, THEN he exclaimed: "He left a bike and a saucer! I wish I'd been awake!"
I asked, "So you could have seen Santa?"
He replied, "No, so I could have gone with him to the North Pole."
What was I thinking?





"A bike and a saucer!"








I have decided that giving a kids a bike for Christmas is like giving them a swimsuit in the middle of a desert. Thanks to some plowing of snow, he has been able to get around on his new mountain bike.

No comments: