18 July 2010

Jacob Mowing

This past Thursday, Jacob and Gabriel spent the day with Papa Wally. They shot the bb gun, went to the pool in Rugby and Papa Wally taught Jacob how to drive his lawn tractor. He is quite proud of himself and the first thing he said to me was, "Now I can mow the lawn." While I had doubts on whether or not I wanted him to be doing this, Papa Wally, being the intuitive guy that he is, said, "You know I was 10 years old when I was driving the big tractor and working in the field." Maybe it is just that this is the next step in my little boy growing up. It is an exciting rite of passage for Jacob and both exciting and sad for me. My baby is growing up. So today, he got a driving lesson on the Deutz-Allis 1814 and mowed our front lawn.
Driving lesson on my mower.
Mowing the lawn.

1 comment:

Alan & Tina said...

Wow!! I'm so proud of both of you--him for his new-found skill and you for letting him use it. Good ol' Papa Wally. :)