19 September 2008

Labor Day Celebration and United Tribes Pow Wow















We went to the 4 Bears Casino and Lodge Labor Day Celebration in New Town on August 29-31. Jacob learned that if you work, you can earn money. He picked up trash after the dancing was over to get the bowry ready for the next day. He earned $10 on Friday night and $20 on Saturday night. I wish that I hadn't been so tired to take pictures. The garbage bag that he was dragging around and filling up was bigger than him.




On September 4, I picked him up from school and we headed to Bismarck for the United Tribes Technical College Pow Wow. The first grand entry was on Thursday night and the event lasted until Sunday night. We saw the group the Daughters and Sons of the Sun perform some of their native music. They are a family from Samiland (near the Scandinavian countries) and are considered the indigenous people of Europe. On Saturday (9/06), he was in the parade. He rode on the Three Affiliated Tribes Chairman's float.
There are also more pictures on the UTTC website.




No comments: