
On August 21, 2008 at 7:00 AM, I put my little man on the school bus that pulled up into our yard and sent him off to first grade. For the first time since 2002, I drove to work by myself. I didn't quite know what to do with myself.
This year, he is attending school in Garrison. He is repeating history. I went to Kindergarten in White Shield (everyday-all day) and then went to Garrison for grades 1-12.
It was tough on both of us. He was concerned about going to a new school and I was concerned that he was concerned. It was hard for me because last year, I could walk down to the K room and check on him, I would see him at breakfast and lunch and he was in my class every MWF from 10:30-11:00 for music class. Now he's in a new school and I'm not there.
I tried to get a picture of him getting on the bus, but it is very blurry. Maybe I had a difficult time holding the camera steady because I was "ALL SHOOK UP" (yes, I was raised by a Elvis loving mother). I will include it anyway. Jacob is the red smear just inside the doors.

2 comments:
I think your picture captures EVERYTHING you described. I'm glad you shared it. Sigh. That boy is growing up. I'll never forget you telling me when you first decided to become a mother. You said, "Are you sitting down?" I'm so glad you did it.
Awwww. That part about you driving to work alone got me.
The picture is very artistic. That's what it would have looked like through my tear-filled eyes, anyway!
Post a Comment