28 July 2008

Dancing

Here are some pics from the Arikara Celebration in White Shield and the Mandaree Pow Wow. This is Jacob's first year in the Jr. Boys Grass division. His biggest accomplishment to date is that he was selected in the first round during a Jr. Boys Grass Dance Special in Mandaree. He didn't make the second round, but getting picked at all is a big accomplishment.

He also picked out the fabric for his outfit and was very specific about what order the fringe went in. Not bad taste for a 6 year old. I was a little overwhelmed by the flames, but it turned out to be a very flashy looking outfit.



Waiting for Grand Entry in White Shield





Grand Entry





Dancing with the Big Guys




Jr. Grass Competition

MANDAREE

How do I look, Mom?

Waiting for the music to begin.

How low can I go?

Dancin' Dancin' Dancin'

1 comment:

Alan & Tina said...

LuraLynn, these are so cool I can hardly stand it. How wonderful to embrace, celebrate, and participate in so rich a heritage.