27 July 2008

Out of the Mouth of my Babe

Tonight, on our way home the movie, The Incredible Hulk, Ceci, the Wonder Horse was munching in the wheat field. We carry a rope in the car and went to fetch her. As Jacob was leading her to the road, he was talking to her. I wish I'd had the camera to video the conversation.

Here is what I remember (it is a long drive down the hill, especially when following a boy and his horse).

Jacob: "This is a farmer's work. You are going to ruin his new grass. You need to stay out of here or you are going to be in big trouble. You hear me?"

I was walking ahead of them and trying not to go into convulsions. Usually I drive and lead her, but tonight he wanted to walk her home. I do not know what the rest of the conversation was, but I'm sure it was hilariously serious.

The other saying, that has provided everyone with lots a laughs, is from our camping trip to SD. We stopped at Wal-mart in Dickinson, ND to pick up some things and to give Jacob some time to "walk around". His booster seat apparently doesn't have enough padding for his non existent butt. On long trips he needs to "walk around because my butt hurts". Now he has a pillow, thanks to Gramma Marian.

Anyway, we were walking back to the car. Sydney was ahead of the boys and said, "I got shotgun!". Jacob shouts out, "I got bb gun!" I almost wet my pants.

2 comments:

Alan & Tina said...

I almost wet MY pants! (Checking your site is becoming addicting...)

LuraLynn said...

I told Alyson that I have started blogging and now need a 12 step program to STOP. I'm caught up for a while now---the fair was the last exciting thing we did.

FYI, I check yours and Alyson's blog daily.