During Easter break, Aunt Marian found Lightning Larry. For those of you who know our land layout, he was found in the bull pasture. It appears that he'd been kicked by one of the big horses and his front right leg was broken between the shoulder and the knee.
Jacob wanted to see him. I explained to him that he had been eaten by the coyotes and wasn't the same Lightning Larry that we remembered, but he still wanted to see him. He looked at him, named parts of his skeleton---"There's a rib bone. Look where his eye went." and then stated, "We didn't have to make all of those posters!". He decided to have him covered, so Uncle Maurice covered him with some dirt.
During the Health Fair at the school, I visited with the McLean County Sheriff and told him about Lightning Larry. I also told him that we were looking for an "anybody can ride horse". A couple of days later, he called to tell me that he'd found the perfect horse for us. On 24 May, I went to Washburn to take a gander at Pete and bring him home. He is 9 years old and is very quiet and gentle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment