13 January 2009

Did I mention that we have a lot of snow?

Today there was school. We are supposed to get hit with 5 more inches and poor visibility again tonight. I think it started early.

Jacob's bus got stuck in at the bottom of the hill this morning. Anyone who has driven our hill, with a rear wheel drive vehicle, during a bad winter knows that you have to back up to the drive way and floor it.

I watched and could tell that he was stuck. I called Ron Lagge, who used to drive the school bus, and he said that he would be over. In the meantime, Jacob and his busdriver walked to the house. Jacob gave his busdriver Gabriel to hold. The busdriver had coffee and called the rest of his riders and told them he wouldn't be coming to pick them up.

After the bus left, I went to take Mom to work. Got to the top of the hill and could not even see the curve to go down the next hill. Turned around and came home. Jacob will be staying at his designated storm home tonight. The weather is so bad that Garrison and several area schools are not running busses this afternoon.

Here is a picture of Ron pulling the bus to the driveway, and my knight in shining armor shoveling snow. Some days, this is what it takes to get to school.



3 comments:

Alan & Tina said...

So did Ron drive the bus backwards up out of your yard, or did he pull it up and out?? And where is Jacob's "designated storm home?" Does that mean it is a night without your Knight? It is GREAT, by the way, to see these pics!

LuraLynn said...

After Ron cleared a path, the busdriver drove the bus up the hill with his only passenger of the day. Jacob's designated storm home is with my friend, Sarah, and her 3 kids. She reports that he was more than excited to go home with her. Of course, it's not dark yet, nor is it bedtime. It is indeed, a "night without my Knight". I get the Prince though.

aly said...

This is like a foreign language to me.

I wrote a blog post about you.