




Jacob announced one day last fall that he was a Cub Scout.
I said, "You're a what?"
He said, "I'm a Cub Scout!"
I said, "No your not."
He said, "Yes, I am. There's a meeting tonight, here's the poster!"
Yes, indeed, the Boy Scouts had been to the school and recruited every boy in the building. I called the number and there was a meeting that night.
Can you say, "The Boys Scouts of America sucker punched you."?
We have been to den meetings and pack meetings. We've sold popcorn. We've done activities in the book so that he can earn his Tiger Cub and Bobcat badges and beads.
Yup. He's a Cub Scout.
Last Thursday, he had his award ceremony. He earned 10 beads for his pocket thingy. He was the third top seller of popcorn and chose to receive a $65.00 Wal-mart gift card for his prize. He also received a $50.00 Wal-mart gift card for selling more than $1,500.00 in popcorn.
What a good little Tiger Cub he is. Soon to come? The pine car derby.

No comments:
Post a Comment