


Gabriel was born on 12/30 in a Minot hospital. He joined our family on January 2, 2009.
I knew that the possibility for a new family member existed on December 13. December 16th, I was told that the chance of adding to our family was greater, and that it could be as soon as January 2. On December 29th, I knew for sure that the baby due on 1/02 would be coming to our home.
I met the social worker at the hospital shortly after 11:00 AM. She met with the hospital social worker to do some paperwork. Jacob went to wait in the lobby with Papa Wally and Gramma Sue. I went into the nursery, where I had to scrub or 3 minutes and gown up. Then I was led to his room, where the social worker handed him to me. I fed him while the discharge nurse went over stuff with me.
The nurse asked for his name and the staff made him a snowflake with all of his info. just like the rest of the babies had on their bassinets. I put on his going home outfit, the nurse strapped him into his carseat and we went to the lobby where Papa Wally, Gramma Sue, Jacob and Janet were waiting to meet Gabriel. Then it was off to the car with Gabriel and his loot (2 diaper bags + the one I took with his clothes in, a bag of leftover stuff from his room (diapers, RTF bottles of formula, washcloths, etc.) and a tie quilt from the hospital.
I had to stop and pick up some essentials from Target. We went to McD's where we all ate and I changed Gabriel's diaper. Then we headed home. Minot to Max was fine. Max to home--the weather was terrible---more snow.
He is a nice, quiet, easy baby. Jacob is a great big brother. He told me the other night that "the baby is better than my Nintendo DS."

No comments:
Post a Comment