31 January 2009

40 Degrees in ND in January? What will you do?

My friend, Sarah had a birthday party for her son after school. Jacob and Sarah's kids have been friends since they were born. The kids played in the snow, had some dogs, chips and some cupcakes.

After presents were opened and all the children (except ours)left, it was time for the grown ups to eat. Cory, Sarah's husband, had a fire going in the fire bowl thingy and we all went outside to have a cookout. We roasted hot dogs and brats and had beer. Joelle, another friend of ours and I went to the grocery store, when we ran out of brats. We also picked up marshmallows (for the kids :-))and some fudge striped cookies (to lazy to assemble real s'mores). After a stop at Joelle's for more wood and The Office for more beer, we headed back to Sarah's. Cory also burned the Christmas tree.

This is what kind of fun occurs after one has been locked up for too long due to large quantities of SNOW. I'm only sorry there aren't any pictures to really show what a good time was had by all.

What about the kids? They were making tunnels in the snow pile, doing push ups for Greg (former Marine), Joelle's husband and having races (supervised by Greg). Gabriel was doing what he does best: SLEEP.

The actual temperature may have been higher than 40 degrees. It was 37 degrees when I got home between 10:30 and 11:00 PM.

3 comments:

Alan & Tina said...

LOVE IT! I am having memories of that picture where you, Beth, and I have our bathing suits on in the snow on a similarly balmy ND day.

LuraLynn said...

I'm pretty sure that picture has disappeared from my collection (if it was ever there). Were we posing with toboggans and a snowman?

Alan & Tina said...

I don't remember the snowman...I'll have to do some digging! Perhaps a copy will be in the mail in 2009!